Tuesday, June 11, 2019

In-class assignment collection

I have been quite busy and not prioritized logging work here; it was fairly new so it never became a habit. I'm teaching a course in Discrete Mathematics right now, the first class I've ever been the instructor. It's exciting. I have many things to learn, but I believe it's going well.

One trick that someone suggested to me is to have students try and solve a problem, write down their solution, and then hand it in with their name on it. It serves two purposes: you get a record of attendance and also get to glance through the work and gauge student progress. I award 3 points of quiz credit regardless of whether they answered correctly as an incentive to attend class. It's a little thing I might never have thought of, but it seems very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment